The journey and association of the Trunkwala family with football is not a new one, as the sport always had a connection with the family ever since when Pakistan got independence. Haji Abu Bakar (late), then head of the family, used to organize football tournaments under his patronage as early as 1948, contributing to the development of football as sport in the region.
The Trunkwala family has been heavily invested in the idea of projecting a better image of Pakistan. To pursue this initiative forwards, Chairman of World Group, Mehmood Trunkwala, took the decision to bring a football entity to Pakistan to promote the sport among the masses, and provide an avenue for the talented individuals to be able to exercise and exhibit their potential. This football entity was a UK based brand, also the world’s largest organizer of small sided football, named Leisure Leagues.
Under the banner of Leisure Leagues, an ambitious project was launched across Pakistan, with more than 300 teams playing across the country in various cities in its first year, and the first of its kind football exhibition match; Ronaldinho & Friends, where world class footballers such as Ronaldinho (Brazil), Ryan Giggs (Wales), Robert Pires (France), George Boateng (Netherlands), David James (England), Luis Boa Morte (Portugal) and Nicolas Anelka (France). These exhibition matches took place in Karachi & Lahore, marking it as the first time, when Pakistani audiences could see such football supporters at their home grounds.
Under the vision of Mehmood Trunkwala, the Trunkwala family is committed to developing and promoting football in Pakistan, with the objective of making this great country a football powerhouse, not only in the region, but also, if Allah wills, in the world!
Leisure League (Football)
- Leisure League – World’s largest Organization of 5,6 & 7-a side football with head office in Birmingham-UK.
- It has been acquired by World Group in 2017 to revolutionize football in Pakistan
- It offers a grand international platform while investing in infrastructure and players training opportunities to the youth
- 3 million+ as identified by FIFA.
- We plan to train 100,000 football players in next 2-3 years.
- Qualifying for the FIFA World Cup 2026 by Pakistan football team is our ultimate target.
- Promotion of football in Pakistan through Leisure League would INSHA ALLAH project soft and safe image of the Country.
- Ultimately resulting in increased business activities/foreign investment, promotion of tourism and economic growth benefiting the Nation.
- Leisure League conducted exhibition matches in July 2017 at Karachi & Lahore
- It included 07 International Players from all over the world.
- Including Ronaldinho Gaucho-(Brazil), David James – (England), Georage Boateng – (Netherlands), Nicolas Anelka – (France), Robert Pires – (France), Luis Boa Morte – (Portugal), Ryan Giggs – (England).
- Leagues matches were organized in different cities of Pakistan with highly encouraging response from all segments of the society
- Including national/international media.
- Leisure League offers: Match balls, trained match officials, Play Grounds, Secured match atmospheres.
- Promising Players will be provided with lucrative incentives, foreign scholarships, affiliation with international clubs
- They will also get a chance to meet and share the field with best players of the world including Ronaldinho.
Leisure League conducted exhibition matches in July 2017 at Karachi & Lahore casting 07 International Players from all over the world. Including Ronaldinho Gaucho-(Brazil), David James – (England), Georage Boateng – (Netherlands), Nicolas Anelka – (France), Robert Pires – (France), Luis Boa Morte – (Portugal), Ryan Giggs – (England).Leagues matches were organized in different cities of Pakistan with highly encouraging response from all segments of the society including national/international media. Leisure League offers: Match balls, Trained match officials, Play Grounds, Secured match atmospheres. Promising Players will be provided with lucrative incentives, foreign scholarships, affiliation with international clubs and a chance to meet and share the field with best players of the world including Ronaldinho.
Lyari Youth Festival 2017
One of the largest sports festival ever conducted in Lyari, World Group in collaboration with Pakistan Rangers, this program was dedicated in promoting sports culture in the community and providing youth much needed opportunities to exhibit their talent. The activities included boxing, cycling, cricket and football, eventually concluding on Aug 14 and coincides with the Independence Day. The event was attended by Director General Pakistan Rangers Sindh Maj Gen Saeed Ahmed, who formally inaugurated the event, along with Bilqees Edhi and Faisal Edhi, Mehmood Trunkwala Chairman World Group, who attended the opening ceremony.
International Socca Federation(ISF)
World Group President Shahzaib Trunkwala elected as Vice-President of ISF
- The International Soccer Federation operate international small-sided football competitions for both national and club team in the formats of 5, 6, 7 and 8-a-side football.
- Founded in 2017 by national operators of 5 and 6-a-side football leagues across Europe and Asia.
- ISF brings together the expertise of the industry’s leaders to launch the most exciting international small-sided football tournaments in locations across the world.
- Any national level organization which runs 5, 6, 7 or 8-a-side football leagues is eligible to register to join ISF and gain the license to run their national team.
- Once registered and approved, the licensee becomes the exclusive operator of their country’s national team and the only organization eligible to represent their country in ISF world or continental Championships.
- The first Socca World Cup will take place in 2018 and players wishing to play for their national team can apply online via the national team page for their country.
- Continental championships will take place from 2019.